Application Process Frequently Asked Questions
What steps do I need to take to become a renter of a Cook Inlet Housing apartment?
Complete an application and pay the $20 application fee for each household member aged 18 and older. Incomplete packets will not be processed.
Applicant Checklist – be sure to completely fill out and provide the following:
- Completed Rental Application
- Copies of government issued photo ID(s), CIB card(s)
- Completed Income Verification form
- Completed Asset Questionnaire form
- Completed Student Certification form
- Child Support Certification form and statement from CSSD
- Divorce decree (if within 3 years)
- Previous year’s taxes
- Landlord references
- Copy of voucher for Rental Assistance (if applicable)
- Homeless verification (if applicable)
Am I eligible to rent a CIHA apartment?
*Eligibility limits do not apply to Market Rate units. Market Rate units have no income limit. Eligibility limits only apply to units that have been financed through specific funding sources.
Eligibility for Cook Inlet Housing apartments vary by apartment, from <30% Area Median Income (AMI) to MARKET RATE. Area Median Income is set annually by HUD and is determined by household size.
Applicant must be able to pay security deposit and first month’s rent (prorated) at time of lease signing.