Is your home having an energy crisis?
Cook Inlet Housing provides free weatherization services to qualified individuals in order to make their homes more energy efficient and thus less costly to operate.
To be eligible you must live in the home year round and the household unit income must not exceed 100% Area Median Income (AMI), adjusted for family size. Please see chart below to see if your income may be eligible. This is for informational purposes only as actual eligibility for the program will be determined during the application process.
Contact us below, or you may download the Weatherization Application for more information.
Priorities are given to the elderly, persons with disabilities, households with children under the age of 6, health and safety emergencies (as defined by CIHA and AHFC) and income levels.
Tips for saving energy and money:
- Use energy-saving, compact fluorescent or LED light bulbs
- Clean or replace furnace filters at least once a month
- Only run the washing machine, dryer or dishwash when full
- Unplug electronics when not in use
- Use the power-saving feature on your home computer
- Have your heating system cleaned and tuned up annually
- Get your home weatherized!
Download this handy Home Owner’s Maintenance Checklist to help you save money by making sure your home is operating efficiently.