Housing Intake Specialist
This position assists the HIS Supervisor and Manager of Housing Services with the process of application intake and client eligibility.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
- The Housing Intake Specialist (HIS) is readily accessible to applicants and tenants for help with application process, recertification process, and answer general questions.
- Ensures all eligible applicants meet all eligibility requirements.
- The HIS monitors their properties Waitlist for each vacancy and ensure property set asides are being met.
- Directly schedules all applicant appointments, verifies income and eligibility, notifies applicant of same.
- Assist with lease up of new properties including marketing, mail outs and tracking
- Assists the HIS Supervisor and Compliance Administrator with compliance monitoring, report preparation, and file maintenance.
- Assists Compliance Administrator with file audits including tracking of corrections to ensure deficiencies are corrected.
- Ensures all necessary paperwork in files is maintained and that all required documentation is in order.
- Promotes CIHA housing programs. Establishes and maintains a network or referral source(s) for individual client needs.
- Maintains a good working relationship with Rental Properties staff
- Assists in manning CIHA informational booths at various events.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and produce products with minimal supervisory support.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and communicate effectively verbally and in writing with clients, staff, others.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret CIHA policies and procedures, related Federal and State regulations, and other documents as noted above under Major Activities (i.e., deeds, credit reports, etc).
- Ability to conduct interviews with applicants and tenants
- Ability to operate single and multi-user computers with Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software systems.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures with ability to perform basic computer functions.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or experience can be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Preferred; any of the following designations or receiving one within 6 months of hire date: Housing Credit Certified Professional; Certified Professional of Occupancy; National Credit Professional; Registered Apartment Manager; Accredited Apartment Manager (ARM).
- Four years experience working with public, preferably within the housing field.
- Current AK Driver's license.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed and is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. In addition, CIHA management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities and lines of reporting to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.