TEMP Customer Care Associate
Under the direction of the Customer Care Supervisor, the TEMP Customer Care Associate performs a variety of customer service and administrative duties, such as application intake, client eligibility for waitlists, tracking the visitor waiting que management system, entering applications into our software system and performing prescreen eligibility. Other responsibilities include answering the marketing line, responding to client voicemails and emails and providing support to the Housing Intake Specialists.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
- Provide a high level of customer service to clients while following applications through the prescreen process.
- Answer the Housing Service marketing line, respond to client voicemails and emails.
- Greet clients, conduct initial appointments with applicants and assist them with completing housing applications.
- Address customer requests, make appointments and maintain appointment schedules and follow up as needed.
- Review incoming housing applications for completeness and necessary documentation in order to determine eligibility for housing waitlists.
- Perform pre-screening processes on completed housing applications, including, but not limited to credit checks, criminal background checks, landlord screening and other needed verifications.
- Determine and/or recommend pre-qualification screening approvals and denials, per program policy, compliance and procedure.
- Provide housing application follow up correspondence with applicants, such as, appropriate waitlist, denial letters, and other miscellaneous correspondence.
- Perform data entry of client application information into the appropriate software system.
- May assist in the preparation of general reports, manuals, schedules, and other documents in support of management staff.
- Process and maintain the flow of housing application files in accordance with written procedures.
- File documents and physical files to maintain record management according to requirements.
- Maintains a good working relationship with HIS and Rental Properties staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide excellent interpersonal and customer service skills and communicate effectively verbally and in writing with clients, staff, and others.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment with the ability to copy, scan and fax documents.
- Analytical abilities related to organization of data, reports, and statistics using appropriate computer programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and utilize good communications skills.
- Ability to operate computers with Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with numbers, statistics, and other technical data.
- Ability to handle and prioritize a variety of tasks concurrently.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in business or related field; experience can be substituted on a year for year basis.
- One year of experience working with the public, preferably within the housing field.
- One year of experience in an office environment.
- Current Alaska driver’s license.