Effective October 2022, salary ranges have been independently reviewed and increased to better reflect the current job market.
Under the direct supervision of the Grounds Supervisor, work involves responsibility for cleaning, organizing and maintaining CIHA properties, and adjacent grounds. Assignments are received orally or through written instructions which may be accompanied by plans, sketches or diagrams. Work is subject to inspection while in progress or upon completion.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
- Performs manual labor tasks including loading, unloading, lifting and moving materials.
- Assures job site cleanliness and organization.
- Rakes and maintains leaves, plants, flowers, trees or shrubs.
- Weeds, waters, mows, thatches, seeds and maintains lawns/grounds.
- Provides winter grounds maintenance, including shoveling snow.
- Operates mechanical equipment and provides the general care and maintenance involved for efficient usage and upkeep.
- Shapes and controls trees and shrubs to desired size by pruning; operates spraying equipment.
- Participates in general labor and tasks such as picking up debris, burning and hauling trash, and sanitation.
- Assists with janitorial or other maintenance duties as required.
- Informs supervisor of any irregularities or matters of concern.
- Cooperates with other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of lawn equipment and safety practices.
- Considerable knowledge of the standard practices, processes and materials involved in trades related to general building maintenance.
- Ability to operate and maintain all required power and hand tools in a safe workmanlike manner.
- Physical strength and ability to perform a variety of routine tasks in the care and maintenance of building, grounds, and equipment under adverse weather conditions; ability to lift materials weighing from 70 to 100 pounds.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from high school or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Yard work knowledge and experience in operation of lawn equipment required.
- Current Alaska Drivers License.