Senior Administrative Assistant, Corporate Affairs
This position provides administrative, clerical support, file maintenance, as well as support to the receptionist/front desk. The Senior Administrative Assistant represents the highest level of skill, complexity, and problem solving within the Administrative Assistant job function. In addition to excellent customer service skills, this position is expected to be proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases and should be able to apply good analytical and organizational skills to a variety of areas within the organization, including those that require working with data, numbers, and statistics. They must also be able to work with little or no supervision.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
- Perform a variety of general administrative support services and/or secretarial support to managers for one or more departments
- Assist with correspondence, memorandums, letters, and miscellaneous correspondence and other word processing functions, as well as filing, copying, binding, faxing, preparing reports, manuals, schedules, and other significant documents in support of staff upon request
- Manage overall appearance of front desk and common areas, including lobby, restrooms, conference rooms, and kitchens.
- Ensure tracking of visitors and calls and enter totals into CIMS on a daily basis
- Maintain proper inventory of office supplies including purchasing and stocking staff supply areas, surplus, computers, computer parts, and office furniture
- Ensure all kitchen and conference areas are stocked and maintained
- Coordinates general clerical and administrative support activities; may be assisted at times by departmental Administrative Assistants for large events or major projects
- Assist Office Coordinator in order to maintain an up to date phone directory
- Assist Office Coordinator to maintain and post daily conference room calendars
- Manage and coordinate the inflow of correspondence and mail for the company. Insure proper handing and routing of all confidential items. Maintain parcel delivery and routing log.
- Assist with courier services scheduling and keeping them apprised of changes to the regularly scheduled pick-ups
- Coordinate timely delivery of invoices and payments (checks) received to CIHA accounting for immediate processing.
- Handle credit card reconciliations for Administrative Services Manager.
- Prepare purchase requisitions.
- May be responsible for creating marketing flyers or newsletter at an intermediate level depending upon the departmental assignment.
- Arrange meetings and other such functions, which includes making contact with invitees, arranging and setting up meeting room, acquiring refreshments if needed, and cleaning up after such meetings.
- May make travel arrangements for management staff as needed.
- Maintain fleet vehicles maintenance, fueling, tires, and records to include mileage log, current insurance and registration, and emergency supplies.
- Organizes and maintain company and departmental filing and database systems, both manually and on the computer system (CIMS).
- Provide direction on administrative departments procedures and processes.
- Act as records coordinator for the division.
- Assist with the revision of department forms and build outlines for electronic file system.
- Coordinate new division employee work station set up.
- Assisting and resolving safety issues in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Analytical abilities related to organization of data, reports, and statistics using appropriate computer programs.
- Ability to work independently with little or no direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and utilize good communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Filemaker Pro or other databases at a high level of proficiency, including the development of charts, graphs, and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with numbers, statistics, and other technical data.
- Ability to handle and prioritize a variety of tasks concurrently.
- Typing speed minimum 50 wpm.
- Valid Alaska Drivers License
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in business or related field; experience can be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Three years experience in an office environment.