Senior Administrative Assistant, Finance
This position provides administrative, clerical support, file management, data entry, rudimentary accounting and purchasing functions This position is expected to be detail oriented, proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases, and able to apply good analytical and organizational skills to a variety of areas within the department. The Senior Administrative Assistant represents the highest level of skill, complexity, and problem solving within the Administrative Assistant job function, which presently contains the Administrative Assistant and Senior Administrative Assistant.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
- Perform a variety of advanced administrative support services of Executives and Managers for the Finance Department.
- Organize and maintain company and departmental filing and database systems, both manually and electronically with a high level of proficiency.
- Prepare expense reports, and compile and enter credit card receipts monthly for statement reconciliation.
- Provide secretarial support for correspondence, memorandums, letters, and miscellaneous correspondence and other word processing functions, as well as filing, copying, binding, faxing, etc.
- Maintain cash receipts log and prepare daily deposits.
- Prepare reports, manuals, schedules, and other significant documents in support of management staff.
- Coordinate general clerical and administrative support activities, including training administrative and career ready staff in the Finance Department.
- Arrange meetings and other such functions, including making contacts, setting up meetings, arranging and setting up meeting room and refreshments, and cleaning up after such meetings.
- Takes minutes and maintains records of meetings as requested.
- May make travel arrangements for management staff as needed.
- Designated Records coordinator (including intranet) for the Finance Department.
- Assist with the revision of department forms and build outlines for electronic file system.
- Coordinate new employee workstation set up.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Analytical abilities related to organization of data, reports, and statistics using appropriate computer programs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and utilize good communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Filemaker Pro or other databases at a high level of proficiency, including the development of charts, graphs, and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with numbers, statistics, and other technical data.
- Ability to handle and prioritize a variety of tasks concurrently.
- Typing speed minimum 50 wpm.
- 10-key proficiency preferred.
- Valid Alaska Drivers License.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in business or related field; experience can be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Five years of experience performing administrative support duties in an office environment