Office Coordinator, Housing
Under the direction of the Housing Services Senior Manager, this position provides administrative and clerical support to the Cook Inlet Housing Services and Housing Operations departments. This position is expected to be detail-oriented, proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases and should be able to apply good analytical and organizational skills to a variety of areas within the department.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
- Performs a variety of general administrative support services for CIHA Housing Operations Management Team.
- Oversees the day-to-day administrative needs of the Housing Services department.
- Field inquiries from internal/external customers and connect them to the appropriate resources, as applicable.
- Support Records Specialists in organizing and maintaining company and departmental filing and database systems, both manually and on the computer system.
- Track and maintain equipment inventory and department supplies. Coordinate orders for computer hardware, software and miscellaneous supplies as needed.
- Process and code invoices and credit card receipts to generate requisitions for payment of expenses.
- Provides secretarial support for correspondence, memorandums, letters, meeting agendas and minutes, miscellaneous correspondence, and other word processing functions, as well as filing, copying, binding, faxing, etc.
- Sort, open, and scan department mail to appropriate parties. Manage and coordinate the inflow and outflow of correspondence, documentation, mail and filing through department.
- Prepare and maintain reports, manuals, desk manual updates, schedules, and other significant documents in support of CIHA Housing Operations Management Team.
- Support department with event and meeting management, help to set up new meetings, re-scheduling recurring meetings, room bookings, attendance tracking and setting up meeting agendas. Coordinate set up and take down of meeting equipment and materials as needed.
- Make travel arrangements on behalf Housing Services or CIHA Housing Operations Team, as needed.
- Develop, implement, and maintain office management systems that will ensure the efficient running of the Housing Services section.
- Collaborate with other administrators to better understand, share knowledge and work on the improvement of business support processes.
- Coordinate workstation set up and takedown as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- In-depth understanding of office management practices, procedures, and daily operations.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and communicate effectively verbally and in writing with clients, staff, others.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Analytical abilities related to organization of data, reports, and statistics using appropriate computer programs.
- Ability to work independently and produce products with minimal supervisory support.
- Ability to interact professionally with a culturally and/or economically diverse demographic.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and utilize good communications skills.
- Ability to proficiently operate single and multi-user computers with Microsoft Word, Excel, and other software systems.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks concurrently.
- Typing speed minimum 50 wpm.
- Valid Alaska Driver's License
Education and Experience
- Associate degree in business or related field; experience can be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Three years' experience in an office environment.